If you are located in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island, or Queens - then we are looking for you!
What is the "Creativity Incubator?" it's a chance to put all your pre-conceptions aside, and use your imagination to experiment and explore different ways to engage with different audiences. The program is hosted by a museum which becomes a lab - we use that space and the museum's collections to brainstorm ways to be more interactive and relevant. Activities are led by a "Museum Maverick" - in the past we have worked with Linda Norris and Rainey Tisdale, authors of Creativity in Museums , Franklin Vagnone of Twisted Preservation, Lia Tamborra from Museum Hack, Gonzalo Casals of the Leslie-Lohman Museum of Gay and Lesbian Art, and for New York City we will be bringing back Andrea Jones of Peak Experience Lab. You can read more about her work here: www.peakexperiencelab.com. We have the "Maverick" now we need the venue.
That's where you come in! We are looking for a museum to host our seventh and final Creativity Incubator.
Past sites have included: Boscobel House & Gardens (Garrison), Raynham Hall Museum (Oyster Bay), Munson Williams Proctor Art Institute (Utica), Quick Arts Center (Olean), Finger Lakes Boating Museum (Hammondsport), and Adirondack History Museum (Elizabethtown).
WHAT WE NEED IN A HOST SITE:
- You must: be located in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island, or Queens
- You must: be available November 20 and 21 (one day for set-up/prep and one for the workshop)
- You must: have space for a minimum of 40 people and be able to provide tables and chairs
- You must: have room for breakout sessions
- You must: be accessible to public transportation
- You must: be willing to allow access to period rooms/exhibitions/collections
PRIORITIES FOR SELECTING FINALISTS:
NYSCA and GHHN staff will review the following to select a host.
Provide the most creative response to the following: The top 5 reasons why we should pick your site.
Tie-breaker: Organizations which have not worked with an outside consultant related to interpretation in the past 3 years. (Please be honest - we can check).
WHAT YOU GET FROM BEING A HOST SITE:
- $1,000 rental fee
- Heightened community awareness of your site
- Chance to have museum professionals brainstorm new ideas for your collections/exhibits
- Free admission to the program for 2 staff members if held at your site
Ready? Apply by clicking below! Application Deadline: September 9, 2019